Arts Benicia’s mission is to stimulate, educate, and nurture cultural life in Benicia primarily through the visual arts. This community based non-profit organization provides exhibitions, educational programs, and classes that support artists and engage the broader community.
Since the acquisition of a 2,400-square-foot space in the historic Arsenal in 1993, Arts Benicia has become the hub of a large community of talented artists in the Bay Area and beyond. Our dynamic exhibition schedule features the work of hundreds of local and Northern California artists in a gallery setting, providing opportunities for artists to show and sell their work.
Arts Benicia offers an exciting year-round schedule of quarterly art classes (4-8 weeks) for adults in painting, drawing, and printmaking, plus workshops in a wide range of topics. Many of these engaging classes incorporate recycled/upcycled materials with an emphasis on environmental sustainability, and these classes are funded by Benicia’s Community Sustainability Commission. Click the “Classes” tab above for more info.
- Art of a Community, an exhibition featuring the work of our artist members
- Benicia Artists Open Studios (first weekend in May), when thousands of art lovers flock to town to visit the private studios of Benicia artists in the Arsenal and all over town
- Next Generation, showcasing the work of young artists from every school in Benicia (biennial)
- Benefit Art Auction, Arts Benicia’s most important annual fundraiser
- Juried and invitational exhibitions featuring local and regional artists, with the participation of distinguished arts professionals serving as jurors or guest curators
- Arts Benicia Presents, rotating exhibits and art receptions at local businesses and City Hall
- Artists and curator lectures, panel discussions, and symposia
Arts Benicia is supported by membership, grants and sponsorships, and fundraising events. There is no admission charge to see exhibits, and docent-led tours are free to the public.
Contact us for additional information!