ARTS BENICIA BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPPORTUNITY
Arts Benicia welcomes your interest in joining the Arts Benicia Board of Directors. We are passionate about the arts! We are committed to implementing our vision of a community in which all lives are enriched by the arts and creativity, and our mission to stimulate, educate, and nurture cultural life in Benicia primarily through the visual arts. We need your help to continue realizing this vision.
Founded in 1987, Arts Benicia continues to build on its rich tradition of artistic quality as a regional art center, which includes:
- Exhibitions: six gallery exhibitions annually, including major regional and national juried and curated shows
- Arts Benicia Presents: rotating exhibits and receptions at several Benicia businesses and at City Hall
- Youth Art Programs: including an EcoArt Summer Camp, after school and in-school art education offered to all K – 5 students in the Benicia Unified School District, docent-led school tours of the Arts Benicia gallery, Family Art Days and Art Exploration guides of the gallery, and the biennial Next Generation exhibition for young artists in grades K – 12
- Adult Education: classes for all skill levels in a variety of media that are taught by working artists and master teachers
- Gallery Programs and Special Events: Artist’s talks, panel discussions, opening receptions, and many other programs and events that create opportunities for community engagement in the arts
- A Vibrant Social and Printed Media Presence: Monthly email newsletter, weekly email program updates to over 3,300 people; an active Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter presence providing regional arts information to over 6,000 people; postings on artist-focused social media platforms. Press coverage and articles in Benicia Herald, Vallejo Times Herald, and Benicia Magazine.
Responsibilities of an Arts Benicia Board Member
As a Board Director you serve as an ambassador for Arts Benicia. You help to steward the organization in a positive and progressive way, and encourage support for Arts Benicia’s programs that serve the community.
Specifically, we ask you to:
- Attend monthly board meetings, generally held on the 2nd Monday of each month from 6-8 pm, and to read board materials prior to each meeting
- Commit to a three-year term of office
- Actively participate on committees and carry out committee assignments
- Devote at least 6 – 8 hours per month to Board work: includes attending monthly Board meeting and reading materials before each Board meeting, participating on at least one committee that generally meets monthly, carrying out committee assignments, and assisting with periodic special events
- Willing to give $150 annually for Board level membership (includes NARM)
- Willing to make an annual personal financial contribution in accordance with your financial ability
- Willing to help with fundraising activities, such as the annual auction
For more information and to be considered for Board membership contact: